Friday 26 June 2009

Glastonbury

Well, aren't I a lucky boy. Growing up in rural Somerset just keeps on throwing up surprises.
I grew up in a city called Wells (I say city, it's actually a small town, but it has a Cathedral - it's officially the smallest city in England), and Wells is 3 miles away from Worthy Farm in Pilton i.e. the site of the Glastonbury Festival.
Local residents are able to get hold of Sunday tickets for the festival (tickets that are un-obtainable for the rest of the world), and one of my family friends rang me last week to say he had a spare one! Of course I grabbed the opportunity with both hands.
Sunday also happens to be my birthday, so I will be spending the first day of my 24th year on this earth dancing to the likes of Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bat For Lashes, Bon Iver, We Have Band, Ladyhawke, Frankmusik, Peaches, Nick Cave, Prodigy, and (of course) the triumphant return of Blur in a field back in the shire, all for £30 (normal weekend tickets cost a stonking £180 - hense why I couldn't afford to just go like a normal punter).
Words can not describe my joy, but maybe this can...



Right, I'm off to Paddington to catch a train (with a massive grin on my face)

_